Monday, July 2, 2007

Sad times

Early this morning my cat, Spooky, died. He'd not been eating for a few days, and Sunday afternoon would not drink water either. He spent the evening curled up on my lap, getting weaker and weaker. About 2:30 he had a seizure and stopped breathing.

We adopted Spooky just over a year ago, and the shelter said he was about 3 years old. I suspect that it was something kidney oriented (his last urine was very dark), either failure or cancer. We carefully checked the cat food recall (the toxin caused kidney failure), but his food wasn't listed. He started losing weight a couple weeks ago, and his fur thinned out, but I thought that was because of the hotter weather. Last week I started thinking I should take him to the vet. I doubt anything could have been done for him.

We'll bury him in the backyard.

No comments: