Friday, March 16, 2007

Joined a new group

Today I joined a new writing group, the Conway Creative Writers. It's a small group, some published, some not, but from what I heard today, all talented. I don't think they're the right audience for most of my stories, but I do have some that aren't too explicit.

I've also been busy re-doing my conventions website. It used to be on free sites, but I decided that since I'm paying for web space, I should use it. Most of the photos are a couple years old, but the site describes conventions and conferences I've attended since 2000. I apologize if any of the links don't work; I had to work from downloads from the old site, as I can't get to my old computer's files. The new site is www.cons.emkaygraphics.biz.

My friend Carys Weldon is holding a contest on her blog this month -- you have to find where she's been and posted (with extra points if you post there yourself). She hasn't been here yet, but I'm expecting her any day now! Check out her website and blog at www.carysweldon.com.

Today is my daughter's 20th birthday -- I'm down to one teenager for the first time in 6 years... and only 6 more years to go until he's out of his teens as well. Yeah, I know, having 3 kids spread over nearly 12 years makes for a long haul as a mommy... most women my age are grandmothers and emptynesters already. That's what I get for having a baby at (almost) 40.

I've got the weekend to myself -- my mom is at my sister's, and hubby & son are off Boy Scout Camp-o-ree-ing -- so it's me and the cat until Sunday. Somehow, I don't think I'll mind....

No comments: