Saturday, April 28, 2007

Contest Entries on Their Way

My entries for the Arkansas Writers Conference contests are on their way. I ended up entering 3 of the 36 catagories (though one is only for students). That's several fewer than I had hoped, but I didn't expect to be hit with another bout of bronchitis last month. There's something about cough medicine with codeine that seems to limit my writing....

I've been going back over some of the fan fiction I wrote in the past 10 years or so, wondering if I can salvage any of it as original stories. What's really been surprising is that I still like what I wrote all those years ago. I don't think I'd feel the same way if I could find some of the stuff I wrote 30 years ago (when I started writing fan fiction), so I guess it's a good thing that those stories are among the missing (I'm sure they're in a box somewhere in the garage, with everything else that won't fit in the house).

Is there ever enough room?

No comments: