Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Writers Group vs Erotica

Well, I guess the Writers Group was more than embarrassed with my reading of steamy part 3 of "Handfast." The self-proclaimed "facilitator" of the group called me this morning and let me know several members had phoned her about being uncomfortable with my subject matter. They don't want me to leave, just don't read anything dealing with sexuality. I don't suppose I could ask for the same considertion when it comes to the Sunday School-lesson type work some of them read. I'll have to think about whether or not to go back and not read, or not go back. I've enjoyed the meetings beyond reading – it's not like they give critiques, or even comments, but I enjoy hearing their stories as well. I guess if I write more like "Leave Taking" and more of the Darik story, I could read those, but that's not what I'm looking to write for sale. Any comments?

I did query Changeling Press about "Immortal Memories" (aka "Wingéd Dreams"). They have quite a list of e-books available, many right up my alley, and I'm thinking of Ellora's Cave for "Seasons of the Heart."

No comments: